The Red Dot Chest X-ray Course - for Radiographers
about the course
Based on the successful format of our existing musculoskeletal Red Dot course.
Radiographers are frequently very good at picking up abnormalities on CXRs in the emergency department despite having limited or no formal training in assessing these films. This intensive day will take you through the essentials of CXR interpretation leaving you confident to "red dot" abnormalities which might otherwise be overlooked in the emergency department.
The course focuses on developing an understanding of the basic principles that underpin CXR interpretation. The teaching format involves lectures, interactive tutorials and the opportunity to try out your skills on sets of films on 19" monitors.
- Dr. Gerald de Lacey FRCR, Previously, Northwick Park Hospital, London
- Dr. Lol Berman FRCR, Addenbroookes Hospital and University of Cambridge
- Dr. Simon Morley FRCR, University College Hospital, London
Course content / programme can be downloaded here.
Essential booking information
|Sunday||22 June 2014||Held in Harrow, London||£110|
(1) Cancellations received more than 21 days prior to a course will receive a 75%
refund of the fee paid. Cancellations received less than 21 days prior to a course will receive a
25% refund of the fee paid. Non attendance will not entitle the registrant to a refund.
(2) Transfer to a later or future course. If a registrant makes a cancellation and requests a simple transfer to a future course at the fee already paid... this will not normally be arranged. In general, a cancellation cannot be transferred (at the fee paid) to a future course because places cannot be filled at short notice. However, the timing of the cancellation is important. Our transfer policy is as follows: a) a cancellation - with a request for a transfer to a future course - which is received more than 28 days prior to the course will be transferred; b) any registrant making a cancellation for whatever reason less than 28 days prior to a course will not be transferred to a future course (at the fee already paid) and, instead, the registrant will receive the % refund as per (1) above.
(3) Returned cheques will incur an administration charge of £15.
the registration fee includes
- All refreshments
- Excellent lunch
Also... the opportunity to purchase our book The Chest Xray: A Survival Guide at a special course price
“Superb introduction to CXR interpretation. Loved the workstation activity.”
“A brilliant day. Have learnt so much.”
“Weekend well spent !”
“It is nice to see and hear radiologists so enthusiastic about plain films . . . and about radiographers !”
“Should be compulsory for radiographers. Highly recommended.”
“An OBE for Dr Simon Morley - excellent lecturer.”
“Superb day, brilliantly organised, exceptionally delivered.”
“Perfect for newly qualified radiographers.”
“Very, very, enlightening.”
“Fantastic course . . . teaching . . . very interesting topics.”
“Definitely worthwhile. Learnt a lot. Thanks.”