The Chest X-ray Survival Course
|16thApril2023||Held online live by interactive video||£140.00||
Now online - live by interactive video.
The CXR is the most frequently requested imaging investigation in hospital medicine. Despite this, many doctors lack the necessary confidence when interpreting CXRs.
Whatever your specialty - as a FY1, FY2 or Specialist Registrar - this one day course will help you with accurate CXR interpretation.
The teaching format is based on short lectures, interactive tutorials and the opportunity for you to analyse sets of images accessed via your own computer.
|Course content / programme||DOWNLOAD|
- "Great Chest X-Ray synopsis. Much more confident reading CXR’s now." [GP]
- "Great course. Very informative." [Surgical registrar]
- "Enjoyed it, very useful, thanks !" [FY2]
- "Brilliant." [ED, FY2]
- "Fantastic course ! Really worth the money." [Surgery, SHO]
- "Amazing and very useful course. I will highly recommend it." [T&O, FY2]
- "Fantastic. Will recommend." [A&E, FY2]
- "I feel much more confident & will take thes skills back to the A&E Department." [A&E, FY2]
- "Brilliant course" [Radiology, FY2]
- "Great course, lots covered. Amazing food." [FY2]
- "Fantastic approach to common pitfalls." [Respiratory, FY1]
- "Very clear, very concise... and appreciated." [Teaching Fellow Post FY2]
- "Excellent lectures. Wish I had come as a ST1 !" [Radiology, ST2]
- "A fantastic review of CXR assessment" [Thoracic Medicine, Registrar]
- "I feel much more confident in diagnosing less obvious lung pathology now" [FY2]
- "Brilliant! Thanks" [FY2]
7 Category One CPD CREDITS have been awarded by The Royal College of Radiologists to all CPD registrants who participate in this course.
- Dr Simon Morley FRCR, University College London Hospitals, London
- Dr. Gerald de Lacey FRCR, Previously Northwick Park Hospital, London
- Dr. Lol Berman FRCR, Addenbrookes Hospital and the University of Cambridge
- Zoom login details emailed to you before the course
- Access to our teaching radiographs via a website link for use during the quiz sessions.
- Combined answers and tutorial sessions.
- Certificate of attendance - emailed to you after the day.
- A copy of the book: The Chest X-ray - A Survival Guide (de Lacey, Morley, Berman) 2008 (a code is emailed to you in order to download an e-book, or you can choose a hard copy at checkout, for UK addresses only).
NB. Hard copy books need a three week delivery tme, so for bookings received less than three weeks before the course date, there will be a slight delay in delivery. Download codes for e-books can usually be provided fairly proptly, however, you do not need the book to participate in the course, as it is not for pre-course reading, but a handy reference for your place of work afterward.
PLEASE NOTE: The course contents, including radiographs, are subject to copyright and are the property of Radiology Red Dot Courses Ltd ©. Recording of the lectures as well as reproduction and distribution of any materials forming the contents of this course is strictly prohibited.